An replace on Tyreek Hill’s foot. And news, notes, grades on most Miami Dolphins positions
With Tua Tagovailoa and Teddy Bridgewater in concussion protocol, Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel will handle the crew’s quarterback state of affairs in a late-afternoon news convention on Monday.
In the meantime, it stays to be seen if Xavien Howard’s groin and Terron Armstead’s toe will enable them to play on Sunday in opposition to visiting Minnesota (1 p.m., Fox).
Howard didn’t play Sunday in opposition to the Jets; Armstead left after eight snaps and was scheduled to see a toe specialist on Monday, an appointment booked earlier than his setback on Sunday.
But right here’s one bit of excellent news on accidents:
Receiver Tyreek Hill downplayed a foot harm sustained late in Sunday’s sport. And his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, stated on his weekly WSVN-7 phase on Sunday evening that “in all likelihood, he will be fine for the Vikings game.”
Hill entered the Jets sport questionable with a quadriceps harm sustained in apply. The foot harm is a brand new harm.
Some notes on enjoying time and Pro Football Focus grades within the wake of Sunday’s 40-17 loss to the Jets:
▪ Running again: Myles Gaskin obtained his first enjoying time of the season, logging 13 snaps on offense to 10 for Chase Edmonds.
Raheem Mostert performed 46 of Miami’s 67 snaps and had 18 carries for 113 yards (a 6.3 common). Mostert’s 5.48 yards per carry common is second all-time (minimal 250 carries), behind Rashaad Penny’s 5.69.
Fullback Alec Ingold performed 22 snaps.
▪ The Dolphins saved Tanner Conner lively – forward of Hunter Long, who was absolutely recovered from an ankle harm – and Conner performed a career-high seven snaps however dropped the primary regular-season go thrown to him.
Mike Gesicki performed 36 snaps however was focused solely twice and caught one for 30 yards.
After catching 73 passes for 780 yards final season, Gesicki has caught solely 9 for 101 via 5 video games.
Durham Smythe performed 33 snaps on Sunday, a shade behind Gesicki. Smythe has six catches for 50 yards this season.
▪ At receiver, snaps broke down this manner: Waddle 51, Trent Sherfield 44, Hill 43 (he left late to relaxation the foot harm), Cedrick Wilson Jr. 16 and River Cracraft 14.
▪ With the Dolphins lacking Xavien Howard and Byron Jones, fill-in beginning cornerbacks Nik Needham and Kader Kohou performed all 59 defensive snaps. So did security Jevon Holland and linebacker Jerome Baker.
Among different cornerbacks, Noah Igbonighene performed 31 snaps. Cornerbacks Keion Crossen and Elijah Campbell performed solely on particular groups.
Kohou allowed all 4 targets to be caught however for less than 26 yards. Igbinoghene allowed 1 of 13 targets to be caught for 17 yards however by chance knocked down a teammate on one play.
Needham permitted certainly one of two passes in opposition to him to be caught, for 20 yards.
At security, Brandon Jones performed 57 of the 59 defensive snaps and Eric Rowe performed solely six. PFF blamed Rowe on Breece Hall’s 79-yard catch and run.
▪ At outdoors linebacker, rookie Channing Tindall performed the primary two regular-season defensive snaps of his NFL profession.
Jaelan Phillips (33) and Melvin Ingram (36) continued to play greater than Andrew Van Ginkel (19).
▪ Sieler began forward of Emmanuel Ogbah and performed 40 snaps in contrast with Ogbah’s 38, with Christian Wilkins enjoying 50 and Raekwon Davis 38.
Ogbah began 11 of 17 video games final season however simply 2 of 5 this season. Sieler has began 4 of 5 video games this season.
This season, Ogbah has performed 225 defensive snaps, Sieler 211. Last 12 months, Ogbah performed 755 defensive snaps to 518 for Sieler.
▪ Pro Football Focus rated guard Robert Hunt, Wilson, Hill, Gaskin and Waddle because the Dolphins’ greatest gamers, so as, on Sunday.
PFF’s 5 greatest defensive gamers Sunday: Sieler, Wilkins, Baker, Ingram and Sam Eguavoen, who performed 5 defensive snaps.
▪ Practice squad participant Brandon Shell, primarily a proper sort out throughout his NFL profession, was wanted at left sort out after Armstead’s departure. And Shell allowed seven pressures on 33 pass-blocking snaps, whereas proper sort out Greg Little yielded 5.
PFF blamed Liam Eichenberg, Hunt and Gesicki for the Jets’ three sacks.
▪ Quarterback Skylar Thompson, who changed the injured Bridgewater after one play, was pressured on 18 of his 35 snaps and sacked twice and intercepted as soon as. At instances, he held onto the ball too lengthy.
Here’s my Monday piece exploring the Dolphins’ vital defensive regression.
Comments are closed.