BRITISH OPEN ’22: A trivia quiz for Open at St. Andrews
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland (AP) — How effectively have you learnt your British Open historical past? Try this trivia quiz with a St. Andrews theme:
1. Which course has hosted probably the most British Opens?
b.) St. Andrews
2. Who has the bottom rating in a British Open at St. Andrews?
a.) Tiger Woods
b.) Nick Faldo
c.) Seve Ballesteros
3. Tom Watson gained the British Open on each Scottish hyperlinks course within the trendy rotation besides which one?
a.) St. Andrews
b.) Royal Troon
4. Who did John Daly beat to win a playoff at St. Andrews within the 1995 British Open?
a.) Ernie Els
b.) Michael Campbell
c.) Costantino Rocca
5. Who was the primary British Open champion at St. Andrews?
a.) Old Tom Morris
b.) Young Tom Morris
c.) Tom Kidd
6. Name the participant whom Jack Nicklaus beat in a playoff to win his first British Open at St. Andrews.
a.) Doug Sanders
b.) Simon Owen
c.) Lee Trevino
7. What was uncommon about Tiger Woods’ first British Open victory at St. Andrews?
a.) He didn’t hit right into a single bunker over 72 holes.
b.) He didn’t have a three-putt for all the event.
c.) He wore white footwear for the primary time.
8. Who was the final participant to win at St. Andrews in his British Open debut?
a.) John Daly
b.) Tony Lema
c.) Sam Snead
9. This British Open champion at St. Andrews holds a significant championship document for having the low rating in every of the 4 rounds. Name him.
a.) J.H. Taylor
b.) Tony Lema
c.) Tiger Woods
10. Who is the one British Open champion to interrupt 70 all 4 rounds at St. Andrews?
a.) Nick Faldo
b.) Tiger Woods
c.) Jason Day
11. Who captured probably the most claret jugs with out ever profitable at St. Andrews?
a.) Peter Thomson
b.) Gary Player
c.) Tom Watson
12. Tied for the lead after 36 holes, Nick Faldo beat the world No. 1 by 9 pictures within the third spherical on his approach to profitable at St. Andrews. Who was his sufferer?
a.) Ian Woosnam
b.) Fred Couples
c.) Greg Norman
13. How did Jack Nicklaus shut out his main championship profession at St. Andrews in 2005?
a.) By making the lower at age 65
b.) Hitting a 1-iron off the 18th tee
c.) With a birdie on the final gap he performed
14. Three gamers accomplished the profession Grand Slam by profitable the British Open. Name the one participant to do it at St. Andrews.
a.) Ben Hogan
b.) Jack Nicklaus
c.) Tiger Woods
15. During a apply spherical at St. Andrews in 2000, Tiger Woods hit driver and 5-iron into the inexperienced on the 352-yard ninth gap. Why?
a.) He was utilizing Phil Mickelson’s golf equipment
b.) He performed a duplicate of the gutta percha
c.) The wind
16. Name the primary South African to win the Open at St. Andrews.
a.) Louis Oosthuizen
b.) Bobby Locke
c.) Gary Player
17. Tees have been lengthened and pot bunkers added to the Old Course out of a priority for the fashionable golf ball. At which British Open did this happen?
18. Who gained the final British Open that completed on a Monday?
a.) Seve Ballesteros
b.) Zach Johnson
c.) Bill Rogers
More AP golf: https://apnews.com/hub/golf and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports