Cost reducing, layoffs stay main startup themes – Thealike
Hello and welcome again to Equity, a podcast in regards to the enterprise of startups, the place we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
- Stocks are off world wide, partially resulting from authorities motion, partially because of the complicated net of destructive components that we’ve mentioned for months now.
- Cryptos are extra staid; in the event you like bitcoin at $20,000 that is your second.
- Tiger’s slowdown isn’t any mere blip, Thealike stories. The investing powerhouse goes to sluggish its roll for the remainder of 2022, and is trying to elevate a brand new fund.
- Unacademy is trying to reduce prices, go public in two years per Thealike. And Kadamos raised extra capital, marking a reasonably fast reload after elevating a couple of months in the past.
- Quick Hits: The Uber Files are a multitude, layoffs aren’t fixing a expertise crunch in Southeast Asia, and fintech staffing cuts are beginning to pile up.