CPD points alert to companies of burglaries on town’s Northwest Side
CHICAGO (CBS) – Chicago Police are warning companies Sunday of burglaries on Chicago’s Northwest Side.
The crimes occurred throughout the month of May within the Union Ridge, Old Norwood Park, Portage Park, West Town, and Wicker Park neighborhoods.
In every incident, the offenders use a sledgehammer or massive rock to smash the glass door to achieve entry to the enterprise. The offenders then take massive quantities of liquor, cash, and cigarettes from the enterprise.
Incident instances and places:
· 6000 block of North-Northwest Hwy. on May 8, 2022, at 4:43 a.m.
· 5200 block of Nagle Ave. on May 9, 2022, at 4:40 a.m.
· 6000 block of North-Northwest Hwy. on May 10, 2022, at 5:22 a.m.
· 5200 block of North Nagle Ave. on May 18, 2022, at 2:39 a.m.
· 4300 block of North Milwaukee Ave. on May 18, 2022, at 2:43 a.m.
· 700 block of West Randolph St. on May 18, 2022, at 4:12 a.m.
· 1800 block of West Division St. on May 18, 2022, at 5:11 a.m.
· 1900 block of West Division St. on May 18, 2022, at 5:32 a.m.
The offenders are described as black males sporting darkish clothes and face masks. The offenders have used the described autos throughout the burglaries:
· Black Dodge Durgano with no license plates
· Black Porsche Panamera bearing a stolen license plate
· White four-door sedan attainable BMW
· Black Mercedes Benz coupe
Anyone with data is requested to contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area Five at 312- 746-7394.