How To Ship A Car From The Dealership In Another State?
Online, you found a great car but the dealership is in another state. So, you are in a dilemma on how to get it to your doorstep. You have two options – use an auto transport company or drive it. Shipping a car can be a good option instead of driving it yourself because you are in another state and going to pick it up can be time-consuming and tiring and can add extra wear and tear to the vehicle. If you’re shipping a luxury, classic, or high-end car, it is safer to transport it in an enclosed trailer to avoid any damage from road debris.
To ship a car from a dealership, the first step is to choose a shipping company. Research and compare different car shipping companies to determine which one best meets your needs in terms of cost, insurance coverage, and delivery time. Ship a Car, Inc. is one of the best auto transport companies with more than 30 years of experience in safely delivering all kinds of vehicles. If you are wondering how to ship your car from a dealership then follow these steps.
To ship a car from a dealership, you can follow these steps:
- Choose a shipping company: Research and compare different car shipping companies to determine which one best meets your needs in terms of cost, insurance coverage, and delivery time.
- Schedule the pickup: Coordinate with the dealership and the shipping company to schedule a pickup date and time.
- Prepare the car: The dealership should prepare the car for shipping by cleaning it, disconnecting the battery, and removing any personal items.
- Inspect the car: Before the car is loaded onto the trailer, both the dealership and the shipping company should inspect the car for any existing damage.
- Pay for the shipment: The dealership or the buyer should pay for the shipment, including the cost of transportation and any additional fees.
- Track the shipment: The shipping company should provide updates on the shipment’s location and estimated delivery time, which you can track online.
- Receive the car: Upon delivery, inspect the car again for any damage incurred during transit and report it to the shipping company if necessary.
What factors will influence the cost of car shipping from the dealership?
The cost of shipping a car from a dealership is influenced by several factors including:
- Distance: Longer distances generally mean higher shipping costs.
- Shipping options – Open or enclosed carrier, Terminal to terminal or door-to-door service.
- Size and weight of the vehicle: Heavier and larger vehicles require more resources to transport, resulting in higher shipping costs.
- Delivery time frame: Rush delivery or expedited shipping will usually cost more.
- Destination: Shipping to remote locations or locations with limited access will likely be more expensive.
- Seasonal demand: During peak periods of high demand, shipping costs may be higher.
- Insurance: The cost of insurance to cover the vehicle during transit can also affect the overall shipping cost.
- Type of dealership: The cost may also vary depending on the type of dealership, for example, a luxury car dealership may charge a premium for shipping services.
Ensure that the shipper receives the necessary documents like ownership proof, vehicle registration, etc. from the dealership.