Miami Hurricanes opening day fall camp media viewing over. Quick observatons (extra to come back)
Welcome to Miami Hurricanes opening day of fall camp.
And for now not less than, there’s no dangerous news.
Unlike new coach Mario Cristobal’s first day of spring apply, when there have been many Hurricanes lacking with accidents or recuperating from surgical procedures or restricted, Friday’s first fall apply beneath Cristobal was energy-packed however uneventful — which is an excellent factor for Hurricanes followers.
Two gamers had been lacking, certainly one of them for good.
▪ The solely participant who has left the workforce is former offensive lineman Cleveland Reed, who beforehand had mentioned he was transferring, solely to return to the workforce, and now go away it. He was a consensus four-star participant out of Fort Meade High, and did play sparingly, however by no means made his mark.
▪ Starting left sort out Zion Nelson, who mentioned earlier this week that he had minor surgical procedure on his left knee to take away unfastened cartilage, was, as anticipated, not at apply. He instructed me on media day he’d be within the weight room rehabbing/figuring out.
▪ The gamers that didn’t begin spring as a result of they had been damage or rehabbing had been all accounted for. They embody receiver Romello Brinson; offensive lineman John Campbell, who for is taking up for Nelson at left sort out; working again Don Chaney Jr, who had main knee surgical procedure and regarded good on the market at the moment; punter Lou Hedley; defensive finish Jabari Ishmael; freshman defensive finish Nyjalik Kelly (at 6-4, 240 he appears to be like robust and spectacular); security Kam Kinchens; tailback Jaylan Knighton (He bought the first-team carries); offensive lineman Jalen Rivers (Good news as a result of he had main knee surgical procedure additionally); cornerback Khamauri Rogers; linebacker Chase Smith; cornerback Tyrique Stevenson (count on him to be a starter); and security Keshawn Washington.
▪ Defensive finish Elijah Roberts, who missed numerous spring with a shoulder damage, was additionally again.
▪ The true freshman Canes had been carrying their new jersey numbers: Blue-chip working again TreVonte’ Citizen has No. 6. He is listed as 6-0 and 215 kilos and appears the half. His legs are thick and he’s highly effective.
▪ More freshman roster numbers: Wideout Isaiah Horton, No. 16; cornerback Markeith Williams, 18; cornerback Jaden Harris, 19; cornerback Chris Graves, 22; offensive lineman Anez Cooper, 55; offensive lineman Matthew McCoy, 78; defensive lineman Ahmad Moten, 92.
▪ Former LSU coach/former Canes assistant (means again within the day) Ed Orgeron was hanging with Cristobal at apply. Orgeron’s son Cody is a UM offensive analyst.
▪ Xavier Restrepo, Key’Shawn Smith and Clemson switch Frank Ladson had been the beginning receivers. I noticed Restrepo drop one, however hey, it’s the primary day.
▪ Tyler Van Dyke and backup Jake Garcia regarded good for the primary day. Third-team Jacurri Brown, a freshman who was right here for spring apply, bought a few of his balls too excessive. But once more, first day.
We’ll be again later after apply and after we communicate to Cristobal and some gamers.