Poll: Which Dade highschool athlete must be the Miami Herald’s Player of the Week? (Nov. 13)
The soccer playoffs are underway and already we’ve seen performances memorable not only for this season, however a few of the greatest all-time.
Couple that with some clutch efforts at state golf and on the soccer discipline and the winter sports activities season already seems to be like it can even be a superb one.
This week, we proceed a weekly characteristic the place we ask you to vote for the very best performer of the week in Miami-Dade County highschool sports activities.
Below is a take a look at the 5 candidates from final week’s motion. Take our ballot beneath to solid your vote. The ballot shall be open till Thursday, Nov. 17, round 10 p.m.
You might vote as usually as you want till then.
Here are the candidates from final week’s occasions:
▪ Antwan Smith, Booker T. Washington, soccer: Smith had one in every of Miami-Dade County’s greatest ever speeding performances in a playoff recreation, amassing 325 yards and scoring three touchdowns within the Tornadoes’ 27-13 win over Miami Carol City.
▪ Willis McGahee IV, Palmetto, soccer: McGahee IV recorded 5 sacks together with two pressured fumbles and recovered one in every of them to key Palmetto’s 37-13 win over West Broward in a Region 4-4M quarterfinal.
▪ Mark Wilder, Doral Academy, soccer: Wilder ran for 279 yards and two touchdowns to steer the Firebirds to a 50-25 win over Pembroke Pines Somerset Academy in a Region 4-4M quarterfinal.
▪ Nicholas Prieto, Florida Christian, boys’ golf: Prieto completed tied for second on the Class 1A state championship meet after taking pictures a 71.
▪ Scarlett Baur, Palmer Trinity, women’ soccer: Baur had 5 objectives and two assists for the Falcons in wins over St. Brendan and Divine Savior.
Related tales from Miami Herald
Comments are closed.