Poll: Which Dade highschool athlete ought to be the Miami Herald’s Player of the Week? (Oct. 9)
More wonderful performances by prime Miami-Dade County athletes highlighted this week’s motion as the autumn sports activities season attracts nearer to the playoffs.
This week, we proceed a weekly function the place we ask you to vote for the very best performer of the week in Miami-Dade County highschool sports activities.
Below is a take a look at the 5 candidates from final week’s motion. Take our ballot under to forged your vote. The ballot might be open till Thursday, Oct. 13, round 10 p.m.
You might vote as usually as you want till then.
Here are the candidates from final week’s occasions:
▪ Xavier Irvin, Booker T. Washington, soccer: Irvin intercepted two passes and recovered a fumble to steer the Tornadoes to a formidable 41-23 victory over Miami Norland.
▪ Joshua Ruiz, Belen, boys’ cross-country: Ruiz ran a season-best time of 15:16 to steer the Wolverines to the championship of the celebrated Pre-State Invitational at Tallahassee.
▪ Gaby Arroyo, Westminster Christian, volleyball: Arroyo totaled 42 kills and scored a 37 % hitting share in addition to surpassing a 2.6 in serve-receive because the Warriors gained all 5 matches in 2-0 sweeps to win the Westminster Christian Invitational.
▪ Agatha C. Gonzalez, Ferguson, volleyball: Gonzalez, who’s averaging over 12 kills per match, led the Falcons to their second consecutive GMAC championship with wins over Palmetto, Southwest and Miami High.
▪ Andres Atrio, Columbus, boys’ golf: Atrio shot a 3-under par 69 adopted by a 2-under par 70 to steer the Explorers, who turned the primary Miami-Dade County workforce to win the QDOBA Tournament of Champions traditional.
Related tales from Miami Herald
Comments are closed.