The one slide 99% of founders get flawed when fundraising
The ‘ask and use of funds’ slide is a chance to shine as a founder. Don’t waste it.
There’s one slide that nearly each founder will get flawed when they’re placing collectively a pitch deck to boost cash from enterprise capitalists. The slide is often generally known as “the ask,” and it sometimes lives towards the tip of the pitch deck.
It is supposed to do one thing fairly easy: Explain how a lot cash a startup is elevating and for what. It shouldn’t be rocket science, but it surely’s virtually universally a battle to get proper.
Here are the most typical errors:
- Forgetting to incorporate the slide altogether.
- Not naming a selected greenback quantity you might be elevating.
- Including a valuation on the slide.
- Omitting what the funds might be used for.
- Listing a selected runway, i.e., “This will keep us running for 18 to 24 months.”
Let’s discover intimately why these errors are so detrimental to your fundraising course of and how one can greatest embody these factors in your deck.
Comments are closed.