WA state ferries briefly renamed to honor Seattle Mariners
M/V Juliooooooooooo. M/V Big Dumper. M/V Los Bomberos.
Starting Thursday morning, that is the (momentary) way forward for Washington’s 21-vessel fleet of state ferries.
After the Mariners landed a postseason spot for the primary time in 21 years, and a shocking victory in opposition to the Toronto Blue Jays assured their first dwelling playoff sport in as a few years, Gov. Jay Inslee hopes the workforce has as a lot luck and good vitality as potential going into Game 2 Thursday.
This week, Inslee signed a proclamation renaming all motor vessels within the state ferry fleet after workforce gamers and personnel — for so long as the workforce stays within the playoffs.
“We are so proud of our Mariners for finally breaking our playoff drought and giving our fans the excitement of postseason baseball!” Inslee stated in a statement. “This honorary name change is a way to show our appreciation and for fans to feel even closer to the team by riding Motor/Vessel Juliooooooooooo, M/V Cal ‘Big Dumper’ Raleigh, M/V Mariners ‘Good Vibes Only’ and the rest. Go Mariners!”
The proclamation, which boasts the Mariners’ season “has brought all of Washington state together,” additionally serves as one other technique to have fun the workforce’s wins this 12 months and honor every participant and staffer.
On Saturday, the Mariners will return to T-Mobile Park for Game 3 to proceed the collection in opposition to the Houston Astros, who took dwelling the primary win of the collection earlier this week.
And, with out additional ado, the brand new names of your state ferries:
- Cathlamet: M/V Diego Castillo
- Chelan: M/V J.P. Crawford
- Chetzemoka: M/V Marco Gonzales
- Chimacum: M/V Carlos Santana
- Issaquah: M/V Paul Sewald
- Kaleetan: M/V Adam Frazier
- Kennewick: M/V Dylan Moore
- Kitsap: M/V Los Bomberos
- Kittitas: M/V Mitch Haniger
- Puyallup: M/V Ty “Vive Le” France
- Salish: M/V Andres Muñoz
- Samish: M/V Logan Gilbert
- Sealth: M/V Robbie Ray
- Spokane: M/V Luis “La Piedra” Castillo
- Suquamish: M/V The Skipper Scott Servais
- Tacoma: M/V Mariners “Good Vibes Only”
- Tillikum: M/V George Kirby
- Tokitae: M/V Jarred Kelenic
- Walla Walla: M/V Juliooooooooooo
- Wenatchee: M/V Cal “Big Dumper” Raleigh
- Yakima: M/V Eugenio Suárez
Here’s to hoping the Mariners keep afloat.
Comments are closed.